Health Issues

Home > Self Help Guides > Life Challenges > Health Issues

It is very unlikely that you will manage to get through the entirety of university without facing a physical health issue, if it be exam stress, a sexual health check or a broken bone.

There are a number of things you can do to ensure that if the worst does happen you are prepared to be able to take action and seek out the appropriate care.

If you have moved away from your local area to study then registering with a doctor is very important, especially if you have an on-going health condition. Registering with a doctor means you receive emergency care if you need it, and access health services quickly and easily while you’re away.

You can register with the Bradford Student Health Service if you live close to the University or within the practice area.

You can find out about doctors in your area by calling the Local Health Authority on 0113 295 2500, or search on the National Health Service (NHS) website.

NHS 111 can help if you have an urgent medical problem and you’re not sure what to do by calling 111.

If you are suffering from an illness that is affecting your studies, please raise this with the university as extenuating circumstances may apply to your situation.